Safety today. Family tomorrow.
Safety is a serious matter and in fact, it is our number one priority. The safety of today does not guarantee tomorrow’s safe workplace. Whatever the task at hand, it’s the safety of our people and their surrounding environment that matters most. We naturalise safety in our corporate culture with an approach that invokes humanity, accessibility, and care.
Our people are the heart of our business and our most precious asset. They underpin everything we do and every decision we make. We work hard to empower our people with the knowledge, tools and most importantly, the authority to actively reduce risk and stop unsafe practices. This includes demonstrating safe behaviours, making safer choices, seeking constant means of improvement and sustainability to ensure that we are all protected from harm, and returning safely home.
“Our safety programs are designed to deliver more than compliance, they are designed to ensure our people go home to their loved ones at the end of each day.”
We demonstrate this commitment through a range of initiatives.
- Pensar Rehabilitation Program
- Monthly audits – our directors conduct these audits on individual sites, demonstrating leadership and active participation in site safety
- ISO Certified – we are committed to and outperform health and safety industry best practice and operate an occupational health and safety management
system to support this which is ISO 45001:2018 certified.
- Safety Leadership Committee – led by our senior management team who actively seek feedback to bring to monthly meetings, going above and beyond mandatory safety committee requirements
- Pensar’s Annual Safety Event – an opportunity for the whole company to come together and reinforce our commitment to safety. This event is held each October in alignment with National Safe Work Month.
- Health Activities Program – Pensar provides a range of free and subsidised health activities including free access to on-site boxing and mobility training classes, participation in events such as the Queensland Corporate Games, Q1 Sea to Sky Stair Challenge, Mooloolaba Triathlon and other corporate events.
- Veretis Help Line (Employee Assistance Program) – Pensar provides this confidential, short-term counselling service to assist employees with work or personal issues impacting on their performance. The service is available to all employees and their direct family members.