Yarrabilba Wet Weather Storage Tank
About the project
The project involved the construction of a 2ML wet weather, concrete storage tank and associated inlet and outlet pipework. The tank formwork was constructed and poured, the internal walls where then Polyurea sealed.
On completion the entire tank was completely buried underground. The stormwater harvesting tank is an essential part of the reticulation network for this fast growing community. The storage tank forms part of a number of electrical and water packages delivered at the Yarrabilba site for Lendlease by Pensar.
Storage tanks, Stormwater systems, Bulk earthworks
Buxton Avenue, Yarrabilba
February 2017 – September 2017
- 30metre diameter x 4 metre deep excavation and material stockpile.
- Placement of 180 tonne of reinforced steel and 1300m3 of concrete.
- Application of 3mm layer of Polyurea to all internal surfaces of new tank.
- Installation of DN375 inlet and outlet pipework including live connection into existing LCC Sewer Pump Station.
- Backfill and compaction of all disturbed areas.
- Installation of final fixtures such as access ladders and high/low probes in tank.
- Hydrostatic testing of new tank as per AS3735.
Innovations & Highlights
Successfully completed on time and budget during one of Queenland’s worst weather events (Cyclone Debbie).
No environmental run off from site although 5oomm of rain fell in a few hours.
Zero Safety incidents with high risk work undertaken, such as working at heights.
Project Manager – Laura Arias was awarded the Lendlease Recognition In Safety Excellence (RISE) award during Safety Month October 2017.