Kenya to Chinchilla Pipeline Post Commissioning Enhancements
Key capabilities: Design, construct & maintenance of low & high voltage installations; Instrumentation for process control
Project location: Chinchilla, Queensland
Client name: Sunwater
Project duration: October 2014 – January 2015
Project value: $0.3 Million
About the project
Pensar committed to an accelerated program to deliver HV and LV electrical installation works, control system development and steel fabrication and assembly to Sunwater’s Kenya to Chinchilla Weir Pipeline. The pipeline operates intermittently around the clock and Pensar was required to work closely with Sunwater and its stakeholders to ensure works could be completed with minimal disruption to operations.
- Manufacture, installation and testing of four 3.3kV HV termination boxes for 500kW motors
- Fabrication and installation of stainless steel support structures for 18 customer offtakes
Innovations & highlights
- Works were completed in a remote location on an operating pipeline with a diverse group of stakeholders including QGC and private landowners;
- Trialed and reported on acquisition and display of data from a remote flowmeter via the GPRS network;
- Delivered to Pensar’s high standards of workmanship on time and within budget.