Jimboomba Sports Park Redevelopment
Key capabilities: Specialised commercial, industrial, & municipal buildings; Public space infrastructure; Land remediation & landscaping
Project location: Jimboomba, Queensland
Client name: Logan City Council
Project duration: July 2016 – December 2016
Project value: $4.1 Million
About the project
The Jimboomba Park redevelopment project involved the upgrade of the existing sporting facilitates for the benefit of the local and wider community.
It forms part of Logan City Council’s overall long term plan for future developments of the Jimboomba locality.
The project consisted of the following works:
- Relocation of the existing pony club and pony ring from its current location to an area at the southern end of the park;
- Provision of new Pony Club facilitates including a new clubhouse, undercover dressage arena, show jumping arenas, 20 horse holding pens and treatment areas;
- A new netball clubhouse;
- Construction of a new change room facility for rugby league and touch football;
- Construction of an additional 30 new carparks for netball, 30 new carparks for rugby league, touch football and several bays for informal parking for the pony club.
Innovations & highlights
- Completion of works within the six month program duration, whilst still maintaining public access to existing park and sports ground facilities for the duration of the works
- Provision of approx. 3,000m2 of new carpark and access road pavements
- Construction of new Pony Club ring and dressage area for future competitions
- Construction of new Netball and Pony club facilities
- Completion of over 2ha of new landscaping works
- Coordination and completion of works to meet client (LCC) and stakeholder (Pony Club, Netball Club and Rugby League Club) requirements