Woongarra Pump Station
About the project
The facility’s electrical systems were outdated and required upgrading to ensure the plant was operating under current technology.
Low and high voltage installations (construct and maintenance)
August 2019 - September 2020
- Supply and install of the HV switchboard, LV MCC, PLC and SCADA systems, retaining the existing pumps, motors and ancillary equipment.
- Short HV and LV change over windows
- The HV board manufacturer was located overseas
- The team had to work with dated equipment, using retrospective standards
- Works were completed within a tight program
- The location of the site made works challenging
- Pensar worked closely with Sunwater to complete the pump station shutdown, with minimal interruption to the supply of water to the Bundaberg farming community
- Ergon, Sunwater and Pensar’s HV designer worked together to achieve a complete HV design within a tight time frame to provide a HV switchboard within the scheduled program
- Understanding and investigating the existing electrical infrastructure on site to complete an accurate design
- Replacement of existing electrical equipment allowed for the functionality of a completely integrated system