Viola Sewer Augmentation
Key capabilities: Pump stations (sewer & water); Sewerage & water reticulation mains
Project location: Brisbane Airport
Client name: Brisbane Airport Corporation
Project duration: September 2017 – November 2017
Project value: $2.9 Million
About the project
Design and construction of new sewer infrastructure at the Airport South Precinct of Brisbane Airport. The infrastructure links the existing sewer pump station between Airport Drive and Qantas Drive in BAC’s Export Park precinct to Queensland Urban Utilities Eagle Farm Rising Main within BAC’s Airport Industrial Park Precinct.
- Design & construct sewer rising main.
- Electrical design & integration.
- Pump upgrade within pump station and wet well pipework reconfiguration.
- Electrical, control and communications systems upgrades including design and fabrication of new switchboard.
- Electrical & sewer system bypass planning and management.
- Installation of 3km, 450mm PE rising main including 1km of HDD (directional drilling work).
- Construction of new valve pits and manholes.
- DN450 – DN100 mechanical pipework installation.
Innovations & highlights
Electrical decommissioning of existing switchboard electrical & control system whilst keeping system operational.
Critical airport services (ASA cable) crossing including Energex HV, fuel lines, communications and reticulation mains with no disruption.
Working with complicated HDD’s below the water table in poor ground conditions with no impact on project.
Awareness of client interfaces meant works where scheduled to ensure minimal disruption to airport services.