North Pine Water Treatment Basin
About the project
Refurbishment of the concrete lining of the Sediment Basin 2 at the North Pine Treatment Plant. As a result of deterioration it was necessary to completely remove the existing coating and replace with a new render coating.
As a result of the successful completion of works to Sediment Basin 2, Pensar was awarded the contract for the refurbishment of Sediment Basin 1.
Reservoir construction and refurbishment; Concrete remedial works
- Isolation of half of the North Pine WTP raw water intake capacity
- Substrate preparation with high pressure water blaster to remove existing render coating
- Install of stair tower scaffold access and mobile platforms including electric EWP’s
- Removal of rake arm from bridge scraper to allow a safe work zone
- Application of 29,000 kg of render product to reline the basin concrete walls
- Testing and commissioning including independent asset condition assessment
- Reinstatement and commissioning of rake bridge scraper arm
- Assist Seqwater to recommission basin
Innovations & Highlights
Completion of project within the strict redirection schedule.
20 year warranty on render product and application.
Use of 18,000psi pressure cleaner to remove existing render coating.