Moreton Bay Rail Link
Key capabilities: Traffic signal installation & maintenance; Rail signalling
Project location: Petrie, Queensland
Client name: (CPB) Thiess
Project duration: December 2014 – July 2016
Project value: $3.4 million (Combined value)
About the project
The Moreton Bay Rail Link Project incorporated approximately 12.6km of dual track heavy gauge passenger rail line, six new stations, and a shared pedestrian and cycle path along the new corridor.
Pensar completed three lighting and traffic signal packages including Rate 2, Rate 3 and traffic signal works.
Project 1 – Dohles Rocks Road
- Construction of five new sets of traffic signals installed on Dohles Rocks Road, Duffield Rd and Goodfellows Rd
- Installation of Ped Posts, Mast Arms, Combination Mast Arms, 8.5m and 13m Joint Use Poles
Project 2 – Brays Road Upgrade
- Construction of New Signals and Modification to Existing on Brays Road.
- Installation of complete new set of signals on intersection of Cecily and Brays Road
- Modification to existing signals on Anzac Avenue including recovery and replacement of Mast Arm and Joint Use poles
- Recovery and replacement of existing traffic signal controller
Project 3 – Kippa-Ring Station
- Installation of new traffic signal infrastructure, footings, poles and lanterns
- Modification to lanterns, detector loops and signal controller after installation due to design change.
- Installation of push button with bezel light for resident access to intersection
- Disconnection and reinstallation of detector loops at intersection of Anzac Avenue and Snook St
Innovations & highlights
- Complex staging required to maintain traffic flow throughout construction
- Construction on existing roadway during new pavement construction
- Installation around existing services both underground and overhead such as Optic fibre, Gas and High Voltage Power
- Signal operation maintained during all stages of construction
- Construction on busy Anzac Avenue with works completed mainly at night