Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2 PUP Works
About the project
Gold Coast Light Rail (GCLR) Stage 2 involved the delivery of the northern extension of the existing light rail system through to the new station at Helensvale.
To allow for the construction of the new rail line, existing infrastructure and overhead services were required to be relocated. Pensar was engaged to install new assets for the relocation of Energex high voltage services.
Low & high voltage installations; Speciality pit construction
Gold Coast, Queensland
October 2016 – February 2017
- Installation of High Voltage conduit banks under new rail corridor and through roadway
- Construction of four Cast In-Situ concrete hauling pits
- Construction of RMU and Pad Mount Transformer site
Innovations & Highlights
- Deep excavation (2.5m) for conduit installation requiring the use of shoring boxes
- Location, identification and connection to previously installed underbored conduit
- Construction of non-standard HV hauling pit with sloped roof
- Deep excavation in rock