Gold Coast Airport Intake Substation
About the project
Due to rapid expansion the Gold Coast Airport Corporation required the design, construct and commission a new 11kV Intake Substation (ISS) located adjacent to the Eastern Avenue Carpark.
The new 11kV switchroom was designed to accommodate 11kV switch gear and associated equipment to futureproof the power supply and distribution at the airport.
Airport infrastructure; Design, construct & maintenance of low & high voltage installations
Gold Coast Airport
January 2016 – June 2016
The project consisted of the following works:
- Detailed design and engineering for the new 11kV intake substation switchgear including an 11kV 25kA switchboard comprising: – One 2,000A bus-switch CB – One 2,000A incomer transformer circuit breakers – Four 1,250A feeder circuit breakers;
- Supply and install of 11kV cabling from Energex RMU’s to the ISS 11kV switchboard;
- Construction of a new cast in-situ Type 4 Energex pit;
- New pad mount transformer;
- Construction of new ISS building and associated cast in-situ cable trench.
Innovations & Highlights
- Hauling new HV cable through complex brownfield site
- Construction of cast in-situ Type 4 Energex Pit and customer cable trench