D’Aguilar & Burnett Highway Pavement Rehabilitation
About the project
Regional Queensland pavement rehabilitation works to two of the State’s major highways; D’Aguilar Highway (Yarraman – Kingaroy) and Burnett Highway (Nanango – Goomeri).
Major road and highway infrastructure; Road construction; Concrete remedial & refurbishment works
Department of Transport and Main Roads
November 2012 – December 2012
The project focused on the rehabilitation of two 3.5m traffic lanes including two 1m shoulders, and the reconstruction of center islands at multiple locations along the two highways.
- 7,500m2 of dilapidated road surfacing was corrected and overlayed with over 2,000 tonnes of asphalt.
- Included over 1,300 hours of traffic control, multiple traffic switches and detailed traffic planning to MUTCD requirements.
Innovations & Highlights
- Project delivered on time and within budgetary requirements.
- Works were undertaken to TMR specifications and inline with the R2 F1 pre-qualification requirements.
- Project included demolition, profiling, shoulder widening, pavement rehabilitation and center island reconstruction.
- Detailed planning and staging of works required, including night works.
- Despite the challenges raised by tight scheduling and working remotely, the project was completed prior to Christmas 2012 and met the high TMR specifications.