Bruce Highway Ingham to Innisfail (Tully)
About the project
The Tully section of this project was part of the wider Main Roads scheme to widen the road and centreline on the Bruce Highway to separate traffic by 1 metre.
This package of works, from Chainage 97173 – 100055, required shoulder widening with a full width reseal.
Major road & highway infrastructure; Complex traffic management; Major drainage infrastructure; Earthworks
Department of Transport and Main Roads
August 2016 – February 2017
- General road excavation and embankment filling.
- Culvert extensions and management of creek diversions.
- Headwall construction.
- Subgrade treatments.
- CMB and CTB gravel placement.
- AMC7 and PMB seals.
- Asphalt (DG).
- Asphalt (Stone Mastic).
- Guard rail installation.
- Installation of new road furniture.
- Unsuitable material remove and replace.
- Contraflow traffic management.
- Working adjacent to QR and Tully Sugar rail corridor.
Innovations & Highlights
- Management of close to 2 metres of rain.
- Management of travel requirements for material delivery.
- Placement of 1,500 tonnes of DG mix asphalt and 564 tonnes of Stone Mastic asphalt.
- Quick assistance to public traffic needs.
- EMP Management with creek diversions for culvert extensions.