Brisbane Marine Park Boatshed Construction
About the project
Brisbane Marine Industry Park (BMIP) has been in operation since 1995. Operating on a 40 Hectare site located at Hemmant BMIP incorporates thirty marine orientated businesses working to service, manufacture, operate and maintain Brisbane’s marine services.
Due to the expansion of works a new boatshed was required. The new boatshed enables BMIP to operate regardless of the weather.
Specialised commercial, industrial, & municipal buildings
Brisbane Marine Industry Park
September 2007 – February 2008
- Pensar, through consultation with BMIP, were able to arrange all building approvals and final certification
- Construction of a unique 900m2 structure steel structure
- The structure was designed using tapered portal frame beams which allowed the unique arch shape to be achieved
- On completion BMIP now incorporates a total of 2,620m2 of covered area within its 300 tonne shipping precinct with this shed being the first of many more.
Innovations & Highlights
- Project delivered on schedule including design and construction
- Unique, purpose-built structure with an arched design
- Project involved design and installation of raft and pad footings to support new steel framing
- Tapered welded beams created the 17m high arch structure with purlin battens for cladding installation
- Motorised curtain installed to help maintain ventilation to the space