Blackwater Pump Station
About the project
Pensar was chosen by Sunwater to complete critical upgrades to the electrical instrumentation and control system infrastructure at Pump Station No.3 on the Blackwater Pipeline.
Pensar provided a condition assessment report following an initial site establishment, identifying a number of legacy issues with the installation which were rectified as part of the works.
Low & high voltage installations; Instrumentation for process control
Blackwater, Central Queensland
March 2015 – July 2015
- Replace existing 415V Switchboard
- Replace existing Light and Power Distribution Board
- Upgrade existing common control and PLC equipment with additional functionality
- Test and commission of new switchboard
Innovations & Highlights
- In-house design and construction of a Form 3b 800A CUBIC Switchboard.
- Works conducted in a remote location on a fully operational pipeline.
- A significant amount of additional work was completed within the original project timeframe to renew the existing electrical infrastructure.
- Delivered to Pensar’s high standards of workmanship on time and within budget.