Augusta Parkway Duplication
About the project
Duplication of the original Augusta Parkway 4km of roadway taking it from a single-carriageway to a dual-carriageway road. The project also involved the construction of a four-span bridge.
Bulk earthworks; Complex traffic management; Environmental protection & maintenance works; Bridge infrastructure
Springfield Land Corporation and Ipswich City Council
August 2007 – October 2009
- The $2.5 million bridge construction consisted of precast concrete deck units and transverse stressing bars, reinforced concrete piles, columns, headstocks and abutments.
- Over 150,000m3 of earthworks quantities were excavated from the site and replaced with over 7,000 tonnes of asphalt.
- Over 5,000m3 of concrete was used for kerbing and footpath construction.
Innovations & Highlights
- The project was completed on time and within budget.
- Completed to the high specifications of the Springfield Land Corporation, Ipswich City Council and DTMR.
- The project involved the duplication of 4km of roadway and a major bridge construction.
- Works included significant extension of services.
- Road had to be kept operational at all times – requiring detailed planning and traffic control.
- The road and bridge were constructed to TMR standards.
- Included a number of additional separable portions.