Serpentine Inlet Drain Bird Netting
- Completed works in accordance with BAC airside security requirements.
- Coordinated all works with BAC Airside Operations ensuring there was no impact on airside services including operations on adjoining runway.
- Successfully delivered and installed a custom “first of it’s kind” netting product to strict design requirements and long life span.
- Successfully worked in and around the Serpentine Inlet Drain with no environmental impact to water quality.
- Project was of high importance to Brisbane Airport in reducing bird numbers and maintaining aircraft safety.
Brisbane Airport (Airside), QLD
Brisbane Airport Corporation
Jul 2014 to Sep 2014
- Construction of 64 No. concrete pad footings including, excavation, reinforcement and concrete placement.
- Fabrication and installation of steel support frames including chemical anchoring to the above pad footings.
- Installation and tensioning of stainless steel cables to support the netting.
- Manufacturing and installation of approximately 5,800m2 of one-of-a-kind netting product to strict design specification.
- All works conducted in close proximity to fully operational runway.
- Weekly water quality testing as part of monthly environmental report.