North Pine Water Treatment Plant Filter Refurbishment
Package 2 – consisted of the following works:
– Supply and install fabricated underdrain system
– System includes 5000+ nozzles with reinforced concrete plenum floor
– Fabrication and installation of new SS filter components including:
– 4 large troughs incl. supports
– New air scour system incl. high level distribution network
– Media installation of garnet and filter materials using gantry crane and laser level
– Works included scraping, soaks and backwashing to ensure integrity of media
– Installation of new gantry crane and other temporary measures to enable installation and construction
– Replacement of surface water wash system
– Completion of final air patter testing, disinfection and commissioning of new system
– Stage one completed on time and on budget.
– Stage two completed under budget and four weeks ahead of schedule.
– No safety or environmental incidents.
– Constructed around a filter building within an operational water treatment plant.
– High level of interaction with site operations staff.
North Pine, QLD
November 2012 – May 2014
In November 2012 Pensar was engaged by Seqwater to undertake the refurbishment of filter 4 at the North Pine Water Treatment Plant. This consisted of two work packages; package one involving the demolishing of the existing filter system including all major structural repairs. Package two included; supply and installation of the new filter system.
Package 1 – consisted of the following works:
– Coordinating removal of the existing filter media
– Removing and disposing of 56L/m of concrete troughs
– Removal and disposal of 150 L/m of asbestos pipes fittings
– Removal and disposal of 20m3 of potential contaminated asbestos media
– High pressure (10,00PSI) cleaning of the internal filter walls to allow a detailed repair report
– Apply 240m2 of HB70 Renderoc (due to the condition of the existing walls)
– Construction of the new end wall
– Repair to all construction/expansion joints within side the filter
– Installation of the new media
– Application of epoxy coating to protect media