Mudgeeraba Water Treatment Plant Alum Tanks & Bunds
- Removal and disposal of 2 existing 60kL tanks in close proximity to filter building
- Supply and install 2 new 70kL poly tanks with associated pumps and pipework
- Construction of new concrete bund areas including installation of epoxy coating to new bunded areas.
- Full wet testing and plant commissioning coordination with dedicated Commissioning and Design Managers
- Installation of Alum transfer panel, lighting, SCADA integration and control system for new works to interface with existing system
- Rock excavation into hillside including stabilization works to provide suitable foundation for new tanks – over 900m3 of rock excavation completed
- Day to day coordination of the works with operations staff to ensure works completed safely and interface between construction and operation personnel adequately managed
John Rogers Rd, Mudgeeraba QLD
November 2013 – March 2014
In November 2013 Pensar was engaged by Seqwater to undertake an upgrade to the existing Alum storage and transfer system.
The scope of works for the project was to complete the detailed design, supply, construct and commission the upgraded system while concurrently removing the existing system and maintaining Alum supply to the plant to allow normal treatment operations to continue.
The project had several major obstacles to overcome which included working within and around the operating Filter building and treatment plant, assisting Seqwater with the additional works and repairs as they
were discovered. Pensar’s involvement in the project included the following:
- Geotechnical investigation of existing site conditions including clearing, demolition and bulk earthworks.
- Preliminary and full detailed design of the new system including structural, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and control system components.
- Construction of tank and tanker bunded areas to contain the delivery and operation of Alum
- Dual containment pipework to transfer Alum from the storage tanks to the day tank and into the filter building for dosing.
- Coordination and removal of the existing Alum tanks including installation and connection of temporary Alum tank to service the WTP during construction.