Kenya to Chinchilla Post Commissioning Enhancements
- Works were completed in a remote location on an operating pipeline with a diverse group of stakeholders including QGC and private landowners.
- Manufacture, installation and testing of 4-off 3.3kV HV termination boxes for 500kW motors
- Fabrication and installation of stainless steel support structures for 18 customer offtakes
- Trial and reporting on acquisition and display of data from a remote flowmeter via the GPRS network
- Delivered to Pensar’s high standards of workmanship, on time and within budget.
“Thanks to Pensar for your excellent performance on the Kenya to Chinchilla Pipeline Enhancements & Modifications project. All the feedback from the field has been very positive in relation to your safety and productivity. The management of the project has been very professional and you have certainly impressed. Sunwater looks forward to working with you again. ”Shaun Guyett
Project Manager - Sunwater
Oct 2014 to Jan 2015
Pensar’s Utilities division was selected by Sunwater to deliver a package of work to enhance their Kenya to Chinchilla Weir Pipeline in the Surat Basin.
Pensar committed to an accelerated program to deliver HV and LV electrical installation works, control system development and steel fabrication and assembly Sunwater’s objective was to deliver necessary enhancements and efficiencies to the Kenya to Chinchilla pipeline and its ancillary equipment.
The pipeline operates intermittently around the clock and Pensar was required to work closely with Sunwater and its stakeholders to ensure the works could be completed with minimal disruption to operations.
The varied scope of works enabled Pensar to demonstrate the breadth of its project management and delivery expertise.