Ipswich City Council _ LED Street Lighting Upgrade
- Working with Ipswich City Council to deliver a large-scale trial of LED street lighting technology
- Successful delivery of the project, on time and within budget.
- Effective traffic management on local road networks with minimal impact to residents and traffic
- Environmental contribution, reducing emissions and lowering energy consumption.
Ipswich City Council
- Supply of new LED street lights to Council and Energex specification
- Replace existing streetlights across eleven Ipswich suburbs
- Safely manage installations within vehicular traffic and pedestrian access on local roads
August 2015 to September 2015
Adam Gwatking of Ipswich City Council
As part of Ipswich City Council’s commitment to lead the transition towards a Sustainable Ipswich, Ipswich City Council proposed the trial project of transitioning approximately 2,500 existing mercury vapour and fluoro bulb street lights to LED technology. Benefits of the upgrade include lower energy consumption, increased energy efficiency, reduced maintenance costs and lower carbon dioxide and mercury emissions.
Pensar Utilities were awarded the contract to supply, install and provide product warranty.