Hamilton Northshore, Residential Development
- Delivered project on schedule and $200,000 under budget.
- Treated more than 6,000m3 of acid sulphate soils for re-use in on site earthworks were possible
- Completion of contract works within tidal zone of Brisbane River and adjacent Mangrove Channel with minimal environmental impact.
- Have constructed over 600 metres of roadway and with the special street print parking bays and bio-retention bays.
- Installation of 2.4km of stormwater and sewer services, 600m of watermains, 600m of APA Gas service,
- Installation of 7km of electrical conduit services (LV & HV electrical and custom main HV pits, communications, NBN & street-lighting)
Urban Land Development Authority
May 2011 – November 2011
Nick Rozis (Bornhorst & Ward) – 0418 755
Brisbane’s largest urban renewal project, Northshore Hamilton is a 304 hectare site located along the Brisbane River at Hamilton. Over the next twenty years it will be developed into a retail, residential and commercial hub that will be home to over 15,000 residents and workers alike.
In May 2011, Pensar were contracted by the Urban Land Development Authority to undertake subdivision works on a riverfront, high density residential allotment. Works included storm water, sewer, water, concrete works, electrical reticulation, treatment of acid sulphate soils and an 800mm rock raft below all the pavements and landscaping.
Given that a number of works components had to be carried out along the river and its channels, detailed planning was vital to ensure full utilisation of tidal windows. In addition there were a number of ground condition issues that had to be overcome due to the presence of acid sulphate soils between the mangrove channels and the Brisbane River.
Despite the challenges involved, the project was still delivered on time, on budget and to the high specifications of the ULDA and our performance on this contract contributed to our success in gaining another contract with the ULDA for its Northshore Hamilton development.