Gamboola Crossing Upgrade
- Construction of a piling mat spanning the width of the Mitchell River
- Installation of 15no piles at 21m and 3no piles at 26m
- Supply and Installation of culverts and headwalls to replace existing culverts in the Mitchell River
- Supply and install of rock reno mattress works to support the new culvert works
- Supply and installation of a rock gabion link slab support structure approximately 300m across the river
- Installation of 125no link slabs, 4.2m x 1.2m
- Embankment earthworks and rock armour works
Tablelands Regional Council
April 2015 to June 2015
As part of the 2013 NDRRA programme, Pensar Civil was engaged by Tablelands Regional Council to complete the construction of a 300m river crossing over the Gamboola Mitchell River in far Noth Queensland.
The project was an important initiative for the local community to improve flood immunity and reduce yearly maintenance costs. The crossing is a popular tourist route and a critical transport ink for numerous cattle stations to access vital services and trade centres.