Brisbane Marine Industry Park Boatshed
- Project delivered on schedule including design and construction.
- Structure was unique and purpose built for purpose thus the arched design.
- Project involved design and installation of raft and pad footings to support new steel framing.
- Tapered welded beams created 17m high the arch structure with purlin battens for cladding installation.
- Motorised curtain installed to help maintain ventilation to the space.
Brisbane Marine Industry Park
- 900 m2 industrial building
- 17 metre ceiling height
- purpose-designed & built
September 2007 – February 2008
Operating from a 40 hectare site at Hemmant, Brisbane Marine Industry Park comprises some 30 marine-orientated businesses working across manufacturing and maintenance. When BMIP sought to expand its facilities, Pensar was engaged to design, plan and construct a large industrial building to house vessel construction and servicing. The new boatshed would dramatically expand BMIP’s all-weather operation capacity.
In collaboration with BMIP, Pensar delivered a unique and highly specialised structure of some 900 m2. The building was designed and constructed using tapered portal frame beams with purlin battens for cladding installation. The unique arched shape enables a 17 metre ceiling height and considerable volume. Pensar arranged all building approvals and final certification. The new boatshed sets the standard for several new BMIP buildings planned for the future. The project was delivered on schedule, from design through construction to completion.