Brisbane City Council Stormwater Harvesting Program
- Point of supply connections completed for client at all sites including direct liaison with Energex
- Full hydraulic and electrical design completed for each site in accordance with BCC requirements
- working in and around tidal areas and waterways requiring detailed environmental considerations and works planning
- Working in and around existing infrastructure, nature reserves and sports fields requiring heavy community liaison and management
Brisbane City Council
June 2014 to July 2015
Lee Garnett _ BCC
Brisbane City Council engaged Pensar Utilities to complete all hydraulic and electrical designs enabling the supply of recycled irrigation water to nearby schools, small business, sports fields and parklands consisting of five separate job sites of varying size, scope and location. Works delivered enabled the extraction of stormwater from the existing council stormwater infrastructure, storage and provide distribution networks for future use. Works included;
- Construction of precast and cast in-situ concrete chambers with tidal areas being either tie-ins to existing stormwater pipe networks or open channel storage to draw raw water
- Installation backflow prevention devices including WASTOP device and tidal gates.
- Installation of diversion pumps and flow metres to chambers
- New PE pipe networks to take raw water from diversion chambers to new panel tanks ranging from 50kL-600kL
- New distribution networks including pumps, auto strainers and PE pipe networks to treat raw water and provide supply points for local area use.
- All hydraulic and water treatment process control, switchboard componentry and fabrication including commissioning of each system.
- All point of supply connections and conducting for tie-ins to existing networks